Thursday, April 28, 2011

the E.N.D...wait? can we re-wind?

If i could have this experience over again, I would do so in a heart beat. Actually, less than that because i'd say yes without even thinking about where i would get the money or how much debt i'd be in at all.

Sevilla will always be my home. I will never actually leave it. I just hate coming to terms with the fact that I wont be able to walk over the beautiful bridge everyday anymore on my way to school. I wont be living in a city with more history in about a 10 foot block of cement than the whole USA.

My teachers here are amazing. They have helped me grow so much and made learning Spanish FUN again. I missed that. I missed being excited to go to Spanish class, any class for that matter. They relate to you and even though they have hundreds of students and those students come and go often, they still take the time to get to know who you are. I will never forget them.

The Directors at ISA were fantastic. I got close to many of them and it is very hard to say goodbye to them as well. It is weird knowing that im not going to be going into school and knowing who it is ill be able to say "hola, buenos dias" to in the morning.

I loved the closeness of our program. All of us had different friends, but when it came to hanging out in class or going out botellon-ing by the river, we came together like one big dysFUNctional family.

Don't get me wrong I am so excited to see my family and friends but truth be told, i wish i had stayed a whole year here. I don't have anything asside from my fam&friends that i need or care to go back for. I love being able to walk everywhere and look up and notice something i haven't noticed before. I like the place i intern at and I love the way of life here.

Lets play the word association game:
USA
Sevilla
WestFargo
St. Cloud
Triana

I don't know what you picked up from that, but for me it was USA=STRESS STRESS FAST LIFE STRESS, Sevilla=Sevilla.(meaning i think of alll the beautiful things here) West Fargo=where my family and friends are St. Cloud=kelly/where i go to school. Tiana=my bario.

It's hard to think about. And im happy to be going home but it hurts more that i know it will be a while before i get the chance to come back to Sevilla. Speaking spanish is an everyday thing here, at home, maybe if i speak up in class, then i get to say like 5 words but i dont have someone to constantly takl to me in spanish every single day to listen to the language on the streets, to hear the music in the streets, the flamenco dresses, the river, the real maestranza, the architecture...

anyway... im mopey, but i miss my family more than anything in the world and i am so happy to be going back and sharing my experience with them.

I have a hole in my stomach from the feeling i feel about leaving Sevilla.

Ill never forget this and ill be able to re-live it every time i look at my photos, but i will always miss it most when i think about it.

Sorry for the sappy post but its like ive been married to this city for 3 months, everyday, and now i have to leave it,,,

Now is the hardest part. I have nothing to take my mind off of this feeling. I dont have homework, or work or anything.

Something funny did happen to me this week though, I was awoken by a cockroach.. well Rachel, screaming about her having a cockroach in her bed. Jumped up ... woke up 'mom' ... scared her a bit.. end of story, she saved our life.

Who knew cockroaches could fly?

oh the things i learn in spain...

TQM/Hasta Pronto.

2 comments:

  1. SeeS!!! This post made my cry..not cool! Best thing is that next time you go I AM going with you!! That is the only thing that makes me feel better about reading this:-) See you soon sees.
    Get ready to have some fun!

    ReplyDelete